Monday, October 1, 2012

Tortilla is Not Your Bottle!

Son #2 knows how to ask for his bottle.  He will usually ask for "Ba", "Ba Ba Ba", "Babtle", or "My Ba" when he is hungry. 

The other day, Son #2 toddled into the kitchen and pulled on my pant leg.  I looked down and asked.  "What is the matter, baby?"

My little baby peered up at me and said.  "Ba, ba, ba."

I replied.  "Oh, you want your bottle.  Let me get you your bottle." 

I went to the refrigerator, grabbed the soy milk, and returned to the counter to fill his bottle.  When I had finished, I picked up my little one and handed him the bottle.  Son #2 took one look at the bottle, pushed it away, and rubbed his face in disgust. 

I asked my son in confusion.  "Don't you want your bottle?"

Son #2 shook his head from side to side and then said.  "My ba."

Again, I handed him his bottle but this time Son #2 began to cry.  He whimpered in frustration.  "Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba!"  I had no idea what to do next.

In desperation, I went to the refrigerator and started handing him whatever I could grab.  Son #2 would push the item away and cry even louder.  Finally, I grabbed a tortilla, rolled it, and placed it in his tiny hand.  Son #2 smiled and cooed.  Then, he exclaimed.  "My ba!"

I gave him a funny look and countered.  "That's a TORTILLA...not your bottle."

No comments:

Post a Comment