Friday, October 5, 2012

The Gun Fight

Imagine, if you will, two maverick gun fighters wielding their imaginary finger guns close to their sides as they hide behind door frames and walls.  Tension hangs in the air.  You can almost hear the theme song of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly just before the gun battle begins.

Son #1 narrows his eyes.  I crouch down as low as my post surgery body will allow.  In an instant, Son #1 leaps over toys in the living room and sprints down the hallway to begin his attack.  Like a cobra, I strike spraying imaginary bullets at my miniature attacker.  My little boy dives to the ground and rolls away all while firing his pretend finger gun at me.  I hobble semi-quickly and hide behind furniture in the baby's room.

All is silent.  A fan blows a stray dust bunny down the hallway.  Who will be victorious?  Only time will tell.

My money is on Son #1.


No comments:

Post a Comment