Monday, October 8, 2012

Cornbread

A few weeks ago, we sat down to enjoy some really delicious cornbread and vegetable soup.  As I was relishing my soup, Son #1 looked at me with his puppy dog eyes and asked.  "Mama, can I have your cornbread?" 

"Of course!"  I replied.  I gave him mine and then went to get another.

Son #1 savored his soup and cornbread with a look of pure joy on his face.  When he was done, he went off to play.

A few days later, we sat down to some vegetable soup and scrumptious cornbread.  Again as I sipped my soup with delight, Son #1 batted his long eyelashes and asked.  "Mama, can I have your cornbread?"

I smiled and replied.  "Sure baby." 

Son #1 bit off the top of the cornbread muffin.  I was just about to get another piece of cornbread for myself when I heard a little voice say.  "Here Mama.  You can have it back."

"Do you not want it?"  I questioned.

"No.  You know I don't like cornbread."  Son #1 stated in a matter-of-fact voice.

????

Yeah.  I'm confused.  Five year old kids are fickle things.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is hilarious! Sounds just like something my five year old son would do!!! In fact, we had the same situation with couscous the other night. Made it, they couldn't eat enough. Made it two nights later, wouldn't touch it!!

    ReplyDelete