Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Skipping Rocks

One Saturday afternoon, I got a bug to go down to the lake.  I begged and cajoled my husband until he finally obliged me.  As we drove, storm clouds crept along the horizon towards our car.  Halfway to our destination, it began to sprinkle.  Fortunately, it never broke out into a full down pour.

When we arrived at the lake, the kids put on their life jackets and ran to the water.  Son #1 hopped like a frog over rocks and twigs.  He splashed about from boulder to boulder.  The water was cold but that did not seem to stop him.  Son #2 and I picked our way across the shore line.  Son #2 was determined to walk across rocks just like his big brother.

While the boys and I amused ourselves, my husband went in search of the perfect skipping rocks.  He spied a treasure trove of them and called Son #1 over to him.  My husband gave Son #1 a mini lesson on skipping rocks.  Then, they proceeded to send them skimming across the water.  Jealous of their fun, I ran over to get in on the action.

There is nothing better than skipping rocks on a beautiful Saturday afternoon with two little boys and a handsome husband.





No comments:

Post a Comment