Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Baby Held All Evening Long

Referring back to the post about tossing toys out of the play pen, Son #2 had successfully been released from his imprisoning enclosure.  Though he thought he had won, he really had not because the concert at the Firefly Stage was about to begin.

My husband, the kids, and I meandered onto the balcony where friends and family gathered to watch the concert.  The evening was breezy and balmy.  Shade trees and the building blocked the setting sun.  The tempting smells of funnel cake and fries drifted up to the balcony.  Lights, strung above the crowd, added to the ambiance.  Son #1 and Son #2 were in awe.

The concert began.  Son #2 and I relaxed in the camping chair.  Son #1 and my husband climbed onto another balcony so Son #1 could let out some energy racing back and forth with a friend.  For about an hour, Son #2 and I listened to the concert.  Periodically, I would get up to take pictures or grab a bit of food for my little baby and me.  Sometimes, Son #2 would stand up on my lap and dance to the music.  Finally, Son #2's eyes began to droop and his head began to bob.  A friend of mine came by and asked to hold the baby.  She had the magic touch because, not less than five minutes later, Son #2 was fast asleep.

For the last hour of the concert, Son #2 slept peacefully, first in my friend's arms and then in mine.  This was not a quiet concert.  We all wondered how in the world he could sleep through all the racket.  He is his father's son.  His daddy can sleep through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment