Monday, September 24, 2012

Cleaning My Shoes Like Daddy

This last Saturday in the late afternoon hours, we began to get ready for a free concert down at the Firefly Stage.  My husband started to polish the leather on his shoes in the living room.  Son #1 came bouncing in and asked.  "What are you doing?"

My husband replied.  "Just polishing my shoes, son."

Son #1 exclaimed.  "I want to clean my shoes too!"

While my husband buffed out the scratches on the leather, Son #1 grabbed a brush and began to swipe at his tennis shoes.  Every once in a while, Son #1 would look at what my husband was doing and try to imitate it. 

My husband was fairly oblivious to the fact the Son #1 was doing everything that he doing.  The two of them were so adorable that I had to take a picture.  I showed the picture to my husband and son.  Their smiles lit up their faces.

Son #1 is definitely Daddy's little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment