Saturday, September 29, 2012

Emptying My Drawers

Son #2 is a very curious baby.  He loves to look in cabinets and drawers.  When he has a chance, he likes to empty them as well.

One beautiful and sunny morning, Son #2 happily played in his room with his toys while my husband worked on his computer and I worked on the laundry.  Periodically, we heard his turtle sing and then his toy piano.  We also heard little grunts, giggles, and sighs.  He even called out.  "Hello!"

While I was folding a few loads of laundry, my husband walked into our room and said with a smirk.  "You should see Son #2's room."

A premonition of disaster came over me.  I crept over to his room and peeked around the door frame.  Piles of clothes were scattered this way and that.  It looked as though an EF5 tornado had blown through his clothes drawer.  In the middle of the mess stood my little baby with a huge grin on his face.

Son #2 grunted and squealed.  He ran to me leaping baby style over various piles.  If babies could express their innermost thoughts, he probably would have exclaimed.  "Wow Mama!  Look at me!  I just pulled out all my clothes and it was FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment