Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Baby's Prayer

Son #2 is learning to pray before he goes to bed.  Last night, we read from a devotional book as the boys ate berry cobbler at the kitchen table.  After worship, my husband prayed.  Then, he asked Son #2 if he wanted to say his prayer.  Son #2 babbled and smiled.

Our boys closed their eyes and folded their hands as I began.  "Dear..."

Son #2 repeated.  "Dearw..."

"Jesus"  I continued.

"Ee...u"  Son #2 said.

"Thank you..."  I stated.

"Ta...tu"  Son #2 chirped.

"for..."  I instructed

"ni...ni..."  (Translation:  Night, night)  Son #2 declared.

"Help me..."  I spoke.

"be..."  Son #2 announced.

"good."  I finished.

Silence.

"I..."  Son #2 began.

"love..."  I continued.

"Mama!"  Son #2 finished.  (That is not what we have been practicing.  He is supposed to say "you".)

"Amen!"  I concluded.

Son #2 grinned and clapped.  He is a sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment