Saturday, June 1, 2013

That's Not My Name

Son #2 is still confused about calling me Ma mi and my husband Da di.  Sometimes, he will mix up the names.  I can hear his little voice calling me from the hallway.  "Da di?  Daaa diii?"

I always correct him.  "Ma mi."

Other times, he will call for his Daddy.  "Ma mi?  Maaa miii?"

My husband counters.  "I'm Da di."

After several months of correcting our littlest son, he seems to be getting better about using the right name.  Tonight at the baby gate near my room, I saw a little head peek around the corner.  His eyes brightened as he cried out.  "Ma mi?"

I replied.  "Yes, baby."

Son #2 babbled.  "A to da da da wi wa ya ya na mi.  Wha a you doin?"

"I'm putting some stuff away."  I responded.  Then, I asked.  "What are you doing?"

As this question was posed, Son #2 raised his hands in the air in order to be carried.  While doing all that, he said.  "Eh eh."

"Alright."  I said in a growly voice.  I would have to finish my task a little later.  At least, Son #2 got my name right.

No comments:

Post a Comment