Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Look Both Ways

One beautiful Saturday morning, we arrived at the church just in time for Sabbath school.  The boys were excited to get inside.  Both of their teachers are amazing.  Son #1's class always has a little project to do after they sing and listen to a Bible story.

I was busily undoing the car seat straps when I noticed Son #1 inching closer to the church.  We were parked in a large parking lot so I shouted.  "Look both ways before you cross!  You don't want to get run over by a car!"

Son #1 walked with confidence into the middle of the lane.  He stood for a moment contemplating his next move.  Then, he looked both ways for oncoming cars.  He called out.  "I looked both ways!  I don't see any cars!"

A church member passed my son as he continued to stand in the middle of the lane.  She giggled with amusement and then made a wry comment.  "Well, at least he knows how to look both ways."

I chimed back.  "Now, we just need to work on looking both ways BEFORE crossing the street."

No comments:

Post a Comment