Friday, March 15, 2013

Livin' On A Prayer

Last night, Son #1 was getting ready to take his bath.  Right before getting into the tub, he decided that he needed to use the restroom.  I called out to him.  "Hurry up Son!  The water is going to get cold."

He did not reply but instead broke out into song.  I was confused and listened at the door.  From where I stood, I heard my eldest belting out the lyrics to Bon Jovi's song "Livin' On a Prayer".

I giggled and eavesdropped as my little boy sang in a rock and roll voice.  "Oh Oh!  We're half way there.  Oh Oh!  Livin' on a prayer.  Take my hand and we'll make it I swear.  Oh Oh!  Livin' on a prayer."

I ran over to my husband's office and exclaimed.  "Did you hear that?  Listen to him sing!"

My husband giggled and replied.  "Yeah.  We were listening to that song earlier this morning."

I tiptoed back to the bathroom door and peeked around the corner.  Son #1 was peeing into the toilet and singing as loud as he could.  "Oh Oh!  We're half way there.  Oh Oh!  Livin' on a prayer.  Take my hand and we'll make it I swear.  Oh Oh!  Livin' on a prayer.  Livin' on a prayer."

He heard me at the door and turned with a smile.  However, he did not miss a beat and continued to sing his rock and roll anthem.

Son #1 is just awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment