Saturday, January 7, 2012

Superman What A Ham

My husband loves to hold our youngest son in a Superman pose above his head.  Son #2 smiles and giggles everytime he goes flying.  When I gaze upon the precious scene, I am reminded of the time my husband flew Son #1 above his head when he was only 5 months old.

Son #1 was teething at the time and to keep his mind off the pain, my husband would have him fly like Superman.  I would sing. "Superman...What a ham!"  Son#1 would laugh, smile, and kick his little legs.  Little drops of drool would form at his mouth while he laughed. 

Son #1's laugh was infectious and soon my husband and I found ourselves laughing with our baby.  Unbeknownst to us, those little drops of drool were beginning to move away from Son #1's tiny face. 

Up, up, up went our baby as he shrieked with laughter.  Then down, down, down he would swoop as my husband called out.  "Wheeeeeee!"  On one particular ride up, Son #1 laughed uncontrollably so that a drop of drool shook loose. 

Up, up, up went our baby and down, down, down went the drool directly into my husband's mouth as he began to say "Wheeeee!" 

Yikes! 

Drool can be a dangerous thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment