Friday, January 11, 2013

Getting Into All the Cabinets

Son #2 loves to explore cabinets. 

While at Grandma and Grandpa's house, Son #2 opened every cabinet drawer and tried to explore the stored items.  My husband and I ran after him in a harried fashion trying to keep him from breaking things. 

Round and round the kitchen we went scurrying after our toddling imp.  The tiny imp laughed as we tried to keep up.  From the living room, we beheld his head bobbing behind one cabinet door to another.  Periodically, we heard him goo with delight.  Images of shattering glass filled our heads as we rushed to remove the delicate items.

Finally, my husband and I collapsed with exhaustion.  I dug up some ribbon and tied the cabinet handles together.  At last, there would be some relief.

Son #2 investigated the tied door handles and fussed. 

My husband and I smiled with satisfaction.

Here was a battle we had finally won.

No comments:

Post a Comment