Saturday, November 10, 2012

Vote For Daddy! Oh Wait! Don't.

Prior to the election, we were not enamored by the red and blue options for president.  My husband and I would privately joke about writing in my husband's name on the ballot.

My eldest son would listen intently and then announce.  "Yeah R______ and O______ suck.  I'm gonna vote for my dad!"

My husband and I would giggle and then agree.  "Yeah!  They suck.  Let's vote for your dad!"

One day on the way home from school, my husband and son talked about the elections that were coming up.

Son #1 got tears in his eyes and asked.  "Daddy, if you become president will you move away?"

My husband looked at our eldest son with a tiny bit of shock and said.  "What?"

Son #1 said.  "I don't want you to become president because if you do you'll have to leave us."  Then the tears rolled down his sweet face.

My husband turned to Son #1 and reassured him.  "Son, I won't run for president.  I'm going to stay here with you guys instead."

Daddy may not be president but he's definitely Son #1's hero.





No comments:

Post a Comment