Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Turkey Banana

The other day, Son #1 and I were working on a project for his kindergarten class.  Each child was sent home with a paper turkey and instructions to disguise the turkey so it would not be eaten.  Before starting our project, I turned to Son #1 and asked.  "How should we hide the turkey?  What should we make him be?"

My son pondered the question for a moment and then replied.  "A banana!"

I drew a banana costume for our turkey friend, cut it out, and then glued it on.  Son #1 ran to his room to retrieve his markers.  When he returned to the kitchen, we began to color the banana yellow.  Midway through the project, I commented.  "This is a pretty good costume.  Now the turkey won't get eaten."

Son #1 agreed but then his head popped up.  "Wait a second!  A banana is a fruit!  Our turkey IS going to get eaten!"

I almost busted a gut laughing.  Then I suggested.  "We need a sign."

Our sign fixed the situation perfectly.







No comments:

Post a Comment