Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ears and the Nose

Son #1 was sniffling and clearing his throat this afternoon.  My husband asked.  "Are you getting sick?"

Son #1sniffed again and moved his jaw to clear the stuffiness out of his ears.  Then, he said.  "No, but my ear is jammed up."

I furrowed my brow and motioned for Son #1 to come to where I was sitting.  Son #1 obediently walked over to me and sniffed for the third time.  I peered at his nose and ears.  Then, I inquired.  "What's going on with your ear?"

Son #1 moved his jaw to pop his ear again.  He shrugged his shoulders and responded.  "I don't know.  My ear has a jam." 

"He's been complaining about his ear being stuffed for a couple of days."  My husband informed me.

"Hmm."  I pondered.  "Do you have allergies?"

"Maybe."  Son #1 replied.

"Do you have a cold?"  I asked.

"I don't know."  Son #1 said as he moved in closer to me.  "Feel my nose.  Does it feel cold?"

Does his nose feel cold???

Kids are funny.  They take things so literally.  However, I felt his nose.  It did not feel cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment