Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Fart

It was close to bedtime.  The boys were wrapping up their bedtime routine with baths, brushing teeth, and worship.  Son #1 had to use the restroom one last time before he crawled into bed.  While Son #1 took care of business, I rubbed Son #2's eyebrows as he lay in his crib.  Son #2 gently drifted off to sleep and I crept on tiptoes out of his room.

I sat on the couch watching a sitcom and waited for my eldest son.  From inside the restroom, I heard him try to whisper my name.

"Mom?  Mom?"  Son #1 cried.

"Whaaat?"  I called out from my perch on the couch.

"Mom, come here."  Son #1 said.

"Hang on a second."  I replied lazily.

I slowly eased myself from the couch and walked to the bathroom door.  Son #1 was seated on the toilet when I looked inside. 

I asked with a quizzical look on my face.  "What do you need?"

Son #1 smirked and announced.  "I farted."

"Oh really."  I responded.

"Yeah.  My biggest fart was like a cannonball while I was pooping."  Son #1 stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

I love my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment