Friday, December 14, 2012

The Stairs

One lovely and crisp fall day, we went to Abuelita's (Grandma's) to have lunch.  Son #1 was thrilled to be there and immediately raced up the stairs to play with the toys in the playroom.  My husband, Son #2, and I joined the rest of the family downstairs as my mom and sister put the finishing touches on the meal.  From downstairs, we could hear Son #1's little voice talking away in his imaginative play.

Finally, the food was done and Abuelita called out to Son #1 and my brother.  "Hey guys!  The food is ready!  Come down and eat!"

Son #1 shouted.  "I'm coming!"

My brother appeared at the top of the stairs and made his way down to the kitchen.  However, Son #1 was lingering upstairs.  I called out to him.  "Hurry Baby!  We're hungry!"

We waited for a few minutes and then noticed Son #1 creeping to the top of the stairs.  My sister said.  "What are you doing?"

Son #1 replied.  "Nothing."

My husband retorted impatiently.  "Hurry and get down here.  What are you waiting for?  New Years?"

Son #1 giggled and stood up.  To our surprise, he had stripped down to his shirt and underwear.  We blinked a bit as Son #1 proceeded to slide on his stomach down the stairs.  With our eyebrows arched, we watched him cruise toward the kitchen.  Son #1 nonchalantly joined us at the table. 

Apparently, Son #1 had decided to make himself VERY comfortable at Abuelita's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment