Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shhh...Don't Tell

Son #1 will wake up in the middle of the night and meander out to the couch in the living room to sleep.  It is a funny little habit.

One morning, Son #1 came into the bathroom where I was putting on makeup and said.  "Mama, I slept on the couch last night."

I feigned surprise and replied.  "Oh really."  I had woken up before him and discovered him sleeping peacefully on the couch with my green blanket.

Son #1 continued.  "Yeah.  I had a bad dream so I came out to the couch so I could go to sleep again."

I sympathetically stated.  "Oh no!  I'm sorry you had a bad dream.  What did you dream about?"

Son #1 informed me that he had dreamt about Bowser from Mario Brothers and that it had been very scary.  Then he whispered conspiratorially.  "Don't tell Dad I slept on the couch."

I giggled and replied.  "I won't."

Little did Son #1 realize, his dad had been up most of the night working on the computer and had most likely discovered him on the couch long before I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment