Sunday, February 19, 2012

Morning Madness

One morning as I was leaving for work, Son #2 awoke and began to cry.  I comforted him and changed his diaper.  I knew he wasn't hungry because he had just eaten an hour ago.  Son #2 whimpered and fussed as I placed him into our bed beside my husband.  My husband rolled over and gently hugged our baby.  It was a precious scene. 

Son #2 was pacified for a second but then began to wail.  There was nothing more I could do and I was going to be late for work, so I left with a heavy heart.  My husband patted our baby's back, hugged him, and kissed him but the wailing would not be soothed. 

As my husband lay there trying to soothe our youngest son back to sleep, an idea hit him.  He sat Son #2 up and magically the wailing stopped.  Son #2 cooed with pleasure. 

Son #2 is learning to manipulate early.  We're in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment