Sunday, November 24, 2013

I'm Ready!

A few weeks ago, our little family was getting ready to run an early morning errand.  The boys' eyelids were drooping as they groggily stumbled out of bed.  My husband and I quickly dressed.  Then, we set about gathering our checkbook and other items necessary for the trip.

Son #1 shouted out.  "I'm ready!"  He had thrown on some shorts, a t-shirt, and some tennis shoes.  His hair was standing on end so my husband suggested.  "You need a hat.  Your hair is sticking up."  Son #1 scurried to his room to find his ball cap.

The minute hand ticked continuously as we meandered throughout the house.  Neither my husband or I have any sense of time so urgency to leave the house is relative.  I got distracted rinsing a few dishes while my husband checked his auctions on an MMORPG.  The acronym means mass multi player online role playing game.  (Yeah.  We're nerds.  I don't care.)  Next, I fed the dog and cat as my husband rummaged through papers on his desk.

Eventually, we realized we needed to hurry so my husband called out to the boys.  "Are you ready to go?"

A tiny voice from inside Son #1's room responded.  "I'm ready!"  Then, our oldest son bounded out of his room toward the garage.

Another tiny voice from inside Son #2's room echoed.  "I'm ready!"  Then, our youngest son toddled out of his room naked as a jaybird holding his pull up in one hand.

My husband and I looked at each other with amusement etched on our faces.  Then, I replied.  "You're not ready.  You're naked!"

Son #2 giggled and ran back to his room with his pull up waving in the wind.

We shook our heads and laughed.

It is only acceptable in a nudist colony to run errands naked.




No comments:

Post a Comment