Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Casual Conversation

One Saturday afternoon, Tia (Aunt) and Son #1 struck up a casual conversation.  Tia was curious about Son #1 and the upcoming school year.  She began.  "Are you excited about first grade?"

Son #1 glanced up from the collection of cars in Abuelita's (Grandma's) playroom and responded.  "Oh yeah.  I can't wait.  I'm going to miss kindergarten, though."

Tia asked.  "Why?"

Son #1 said.  "Because I'm not going to the same school.  I'm going to miss my friends."

Tia was curious and questioned Son #1 a bit more.  "So what did you learn in kindergarten?"

"I learned about math and I learned to read and about gardens.  Oh and I learned about the BAD FINGER."  Son #1 stated.

"The BAD FINGER???"  Tia replied a bit shocked.

"Oh. Yeah.  We never use the BAD FINGER."  Son #1 explained as he half held it in the air.  "My best friend showed me."

"Do you have any other friends."  Tia asked trying to change the subject.

"Oh. Yeah.  I like to play with my girl friend.  We're going to get married."  Son #1 announced.

"What does she look like?"  Tia asked with amusement etched on her face.

"A Girl"  Son #1 replied nonchalantly.

Tia exploded into giggles.  Conversations with six year old kids are amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment