Monday, April 30, 2012

The Box Bed

A few weeks ago, my husband bought some speakers that came in a very large box.  He unwrapped his booty with childish delight and then cast the box aside in the living room.  Son #1 rounded the corner and his eyes widened. 

"Mama, can I have that box?"  He asked in a voice filled with awe.

"Sure."  I replied breezily.

Son #1 sized up the large box and went to his room to gather some items.  He returned with an armful of supplies.  He was creating a box bed.  Carefully, he arranged blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals.  He also added the stray car and book.  Then, Son #1 dragged the box bed to the coffee table, climbed atop, and hopped inside.

"Mama, this is cool!"  He shrieked from inside the box.

I peeked inside and discovered my little boy snuggled inside the covers.  He smiled up at me with an innocent grin and announced.  "I'm going to sleep in here tonight."

"Huh."  I managed to say.  "Very interesting.  Don't you think you would rather sleep in bed?"

"No.  I want to sleep in my box bed."  He replied.

"Why?"  I asked incredulously.

"Because I like it."  He responded.  "Could you close the lid?"

My eyebrows shot up and I thought sarcastically.  "Jeepers Scooby.  Won't Dracula be mad if he sees you in his bed in the morning?"

No comments:

Post a Comment