Friday, March 30, 2012

New Legs

One day, Son #1 and I were at the local hospital where Abuelita (Grandma) works.  We stood patiently outside the door of the laboratory and dialed her extension.  Abuelita answered and after a brief conversation she said she would come out to the hallway to visit. 

Son #1 sat on a tile and meticulously colored in his coloring book.  A door across the hall opened and a man with a prosthetic leg walked out.  Son #1 looked up, spied the man with the prosthetic leg, and asked.  "Is that where people get new legs?"

I smiled and quietly answered.  "Sure looks like it."

As the man walked down the hall, Son #1 thought for a moment and said.  "When I grow up and visit a hospital, I don't want to get a new leg."

I almost burst a blood vessel trying to keep from laughing and replied.  "Son, when you grow up you can keep your own legs.  No one is going to make you get new legs."

No comments:

Post a Comment