Monday, March 19, 2012

Poop in the Car

There is nothing like a cross country road trip with a five year old and a six month old.  The trip can be full of many mini adventures.  Poop in the car is just one of many mini adventures.

We were stopped at a fabulous rest stop in the middle of Texas.  Son #1 and my husband were playing on the playground.  Son #2 and I were in the back seat of the car getting ready to change his diaper.  I undid his diaper and noted happily that there was only pee.  As I pulled out the new diaper, my tiny son farted.  I grew worried.  He farted again and I noticed poop beginning to surface.

"Oh ______!"  I whispered aloud to noone in particular. 

I scrambled for the wipes but then realized with dismay that they were locked in the trunk of the car.  What was I to do?!  Then I spied the paper towels.  Quickly I grabbed the roll and caught the poo as it began to pour out.  Fortunately, I got it before it landed on the seat.  Whew!

Just when I thought the stream of poo had ended, another began to spew forth. 

"Ahhh!  Not again!"  I quietly screamed to noone in particular.

I caught the load in the paper towel and then looked for a place to store my nasty collection.  I plopped the pile of poo, paper towels, and diaper on the asphalt underneath the car.  Quickly, I placed the clean diaper onto my baby and then frantically rummaged for a plastic bag.  I found the plastic bag but not before a strong wind whipped away the top paper towel filled with poo.  I gasped in shock.  The environmentalist in me raged as the disgusting piece of litter whirled across the parking lot toward the freeway.  I scrambled to grab the rest of the pile and place it into the bag.  I debated chasing the wayward poo paper but it was not to be.  Sadly, the poo paper was too far away and would soon surprise some unsuspecting motorist.

Next time, I'll try not to mess with or on Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment