The Sunshine Award: An award bestowed to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others.
I would like to thank Bonnie of http://adalinctolife.blogspot.ca for nominating me for this award. One of my favorite things about Bonnie's blog is her list of favorite books. Bonnie's list inspires me to run to the library and search for them. There are several that I know my boys will love.
The Sunshine award rules
- Thank and recognize your Nominating Blogger
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by your Nominating Blogger
- Pick 11 Blogger Nominees
- Post 11 questions for your nominees (you can not nominate your Nominating Blogger)
Eleven Random Facts
- I used to play hide and seek in the orange fields when I was a little girl.
- In college, I hitch hiked in Europe.
- My ultimate dream house is a cave in Kauai on the beach beside a scuba shop and a surf shop.
- My down fall is chips and salsa.
- I think Pete the Cat is hilarious.
- Dumb and Dumber cracks me up.
- Horror movies give me nightmares...still.
- I want to plant a lot of broccoli in the garden next fall.
- I love the Cowboys in good years, mediocre years, and bad years.
- Grapes are delicious.
- I'd like to learn how to play the trumpet.
Questions from Bonnie
1. What is your favorite song right now to lift your mood?
Mexico by James Taylor
2. What is last book your read that you would recommend?
Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
Richest Caveman by Doug Batchelor
All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
3. What is the one thing you do if you have a 1/2 a day to yourself?
4. How long have you been seeing your current hairdresser?
Hairdresser? Oh wait...you mean my scissors.
5. What is the one thing you would tell your 18 year old self?
Fast cars and boats don't make a relationship work. Also, go overseas as a student missionary.
6. If money was not a problem, where in the world would you love to see?
Great Barrier Reef 30 to 100 feet below the surface.
7. What is your favorite thing to do with your family during the holiday season?
Play, ski, snowboard, eat tamales
8. How many loads of laundry do you think you do in a week?
9. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Ten to Fifteen
10. What is your favorite dessert?
Raspberry Ice cream
11. As a teenager what kind of music would someone find on your mixed cassette tape?
Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk, and Folk Music
Blogger Nominees for the Sunshine Award:
Dina Farmer: http://blueberriesandbokeh.wordpress.com
Paul Margerison: http://thediving.blogspot.com/
Richard Boutelle: http://theskitraveler.blogspot.com/
Sara Green: http://www.motherfluff.com
Lisa Lewis: http://www.lisalewismd.com/
My Questions to the Nominees:
- What is your favorite memory as a child?
- Who inspires you?
- What language would you learn if you had the time?
- What makes you laugh?
- Describe your perfect day.
- Describe your first car.
- How did you furnish your first place when you moved out of your parents' house?
- What is the best practical joke you have ever played?
- What is your favorite board game?
- Where is your favorite place to camp?
- Which vegetable would you have reclassified as a poisonous weed?