Friday, December 30, 2011

Big Brother Talks About Brand New Baby Brother At Bank

Several weeks after giving birth to Son #2, I found myself at the bank with Son #1.  He was proudly discussing his new baby brother with some of the employees.

They asked.  "So how do you like your new baby brother?" 

"Oh, I like him a lot!"  He replied exuberantly.

"Do you help your mommy?"  They queried.

"Well...sometimes."  Son #1 answered.

"What does baby brother do?"  They asked again.

"Well, he plays, and he cries, and he eats, and he poops, and sometimes he SHARTS."  My son responded innocently but loudly.  His voice has this amazing ability to carry across large establishments.

At this response, I was floored.  I began to laugh uncontrollably.  At first, the laughter was out of pure embarrassment and then it continued on because of the naughty imp that resides in the back of my head.  (Bad little imp!  Go back to your hiding place!)

One of the employees swiveled around in her chair and exclaimed.  "Did he just say what I think he said?!?"

"Umm...yes he did."  I replied between giggling and tears.  Son #1 had just outed a joke between my husband and I.  (My what big ears you have Son #1.)

Now for anyone who doesn't know what a SHART is...may I suggest that you watch the movie Along Came Polly.

No comments:

Post a Comment