Sunday, September 16, 2012

When I'm a Grandpa

Son #1 has boundless amounts of energy.  (Quite frankly, I think he may be the reincarnation of my old border collie whose amount of energy bordered on the ridiculous.)

This afternoon, my husband and Son #1 were having a lively discussion about bedtime.  My husband explained to my eldest son that he needed to go to bed early in order to feel rested for school tomorrow.  My eldest son heartily disagreed and fussed over having to go to bed so early.  My husband patiently explained that going to bed early was good for little boys and would help my son grow to be big and strong.  Son #1 would not have any bit of it.  He spouted off.  "When I'm a GRANDPA, I'm going to go to bed LATE!"

My husband and I looked at each other and then cracked up laughing.  Then my husband replied.  "Son, when you're a grandpa we'll be long gone and by that time you'll have earned the right to do WHATEVER you want."

No comments:

Post a Comment